UPS NMC FIRMWARE UPDATE v6.4 with Modbus TCP, TLS 1.2 support is here!
Remote monitoring and control of an individual UPS by connecting it directly to the network.
With UPS NMC Firmware Update v6.4, single phase UPS customers with APC UPS Network Management Card 2 (AP9630, AP9631 and derivative SKUs) will now be able to manage their UPS over Modbus TCP network. Modbus TCP support aids better network integration with existing management systems like Home and Building, Office, Outdoor management. Additionally, there is multiple security updates rolled into the firmware update v6.4 including:
– TLS 1.2 support for secure NMC access
– Minimum security protocol selection for Web, Command line and ini access
– Internal self signed certificates now with SHA-256, up from SHA-1
– DH prime key size of 2048 bits
– Support for Open SSH 6.7+
With this firmware update, NMC now offers a responsive, mobile friendly web User Interface accessible from mobile devices (iOS and Android).
The UPS Network Management Card Firmware Update v6.4 is available for download from the APC Software/Firmware downloads page @http://bit.ly/UPSNMCv64 now!